- The two most important principles are: Love God and Love Others.
- God created the world.
- God seeks a relationship with each person. He showed His love for us by sending His Son, who was perfect and sinless, to make us right with God by dying on the cross. God is One, and he exists as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is the only way to God.
- When people believe in Jesus and make Him the Lord of their lives, their sins are forgiven, and they are saved. God gives them this gift of eternal life for free.
- God wants us to be part of a group of people who believe in Jesus. (“church”)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- Evil exists, and there will be eternal punishment for those whose sins are not forgiven in Christ. There will be eternal bliss for those who are saved.
The heart of our existence is to love God and to love others.
No part of the school’s mission can be achieved unless the school and the parents work in concert to support the child with love and consistency.
Focus Preparatory Classical School approaches education from a Christian viewpoint. Our educational roots are founded in the classical method which can be distilled down to first knowing facts, then connecting them with logic, and finally making a case for one’s position on any question.
Classrooms consist of multi-age learning groups where relational skills, discernment, and confidence are woven together in building future leaders and learners. Classes are academically challenging to ready students for college, to prepare for work in one’s chosen field, to build character, and to embrace a Biblical worldview. Ultimately, our goal is to prepare the student for God’s will for his or her life.
Finally, we believe that healthy minds work best in healthy bodies, and we are responsible for the health and good stewardship of the earth.